The AIPI Code of Ethics has been prepared as a template for both the organisation and the members.
- The Institute shall be non-political and non-sectarian;
- The integrity and reliability of members must be beyond reproach;
- A member shall not negligently, maliciously or willingly injure directly or indirectly the reputation, prospects or business of another member of the Institute / investigation profession;
- All inquiries and investigations undertaken by members must be conducted within the relevant laws of the states and Commonwealth of Australia and the AIPI Code of Ethics;
- Members shall not disclose information obtained by them in the course of their profession unless authorised by law and with the consent of their principal / employer / client;
- Members shall conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage the good standing of the Institute.